The Asset Tracker demonstrates the ease with which apps can be built using Google App Maker.
App Maker Asset Tracker
The Asset Tracker is a fully functional app which records details of assets and their owners. It presents the information in tabular and graphical displays. The app is simple in structure and is used as a demo app in App Maker training sessions given by G-workplace.
Asset Tracker features
- Asset types are user definable
- For each asset a number of attributes is recorded: type, manufacturer, description, serial number, purchase date, purchase value, end of life date, owner. Type, description and owner are mandatory fields
- Asset owners are selected from the Google directory
- There is an inventory view which lists all assets as well as a chart summarising assets by type
- The app has a two level security model:
- administrators of the app can create and edit Asset Types and Asset Detail records
- regular users of the app can view the inventory
How to get the Asset Tracker
The Asset Tracker is available as a free download.